Updated and effective as of November 9, 2017
Beracode, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and their respective directors, officers, and employees, (collectively, “Beracode,” the “Company,” “we,” “us” or “our”) operate the website located at beracode.com and other related websites, subpages, subdomains, mobile applications, content, products, offerings, information, tools, software and services.
2. Personal information
We collect several types of information from and about users (including Customers, Community Managers, Community Members, Contract Parties and other users) of our Site and the Services, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, email address, credit card or bank account, PayPal account or other payment account, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline, and including information that may be deemed Personal Information (collectively, as used herein, “personal information”). We collect personal information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our Site, register as a Customer, Community Manager, Community Member, Contract Party or other user on the Site, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site, including through the Services. If a user wishes to register on our Site as a Customer, Community Manager, Community Member, Contract Party or other user, the user will be asked to provide their name, email address, social media login user name, and certain other information in certain cases, including credit card, bank account, PayPal account or other payment account information, billing information and physical address, and any other information that we reasonably deem necessary or appropriate for our compliance with all applicable laws and regulations in any jurisdictions in which we operate (including, but not limited to, the United States) or any other applicable jurisdictions.
We will collect personal information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply any personal information. However, if a user elects not to supply certain personal information during the process of registering with the Site, such election not to provide such personal information may preclude a user from successfully registering as a Customer, Community Manager, Community Member, Contract Party or other user, which would preclude the user from using many of the Services that are reserved for and made available only to such designated users.
3. Non-personal information
We may collect information from you or from your use of or interaction with the Site or the Services that is about you, but that individually does not identify you (“non-personal information”). Non-personal information may include your browser name, your computer type or other equipment you use to access our Site, other technical information about your means of connection to our Site, such as your operating system and the Internet service providers utilized, and other similar usage information.
4. Information WE COLLET THAT You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site that is based on information you provide to us may include the following:
- Information, including personal information, that you provide by filling out forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering as a Customer, Community Manager, Community Member, Contract Party or other user.
- Information you post or submit to the Site contained in or relating to any postings, messages, notes, comments or any other Submitted Content..
- Information contained in any correspondence between you and any other users on the Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of any transactions including Third Party Contracts you carry out through our Site and the Services.
- Information relating to any payments made using third party payment applications to process such payments on the Site.
- Information relating to any search queries you make on the Site.
Your Submitted Content is posted and transmitted at your own risk. Please see our Terms of Service for more information about what types of information are deemed to be Submitted Content. Although we limit access to certain pages and information (e.g., bank account or PayPal account information is not made “public,” and is used only by us or our Third Party Applications for the processing and disbursement of funds), please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your Submitted Content. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your Submitted Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
5. Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site and the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources and Services that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
To run and operate our Site and the Services
We may need your information to display content on the Site correctly.
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support user needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our users use the Services and resources provided on our Site.
- To improve our Site and the Services We may use feedback you provide to improve our Services.
To process payments
We use third party payment applications to process payments. When you provide us with your payment or billing information, we do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide such payment services.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature We may send users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
We may use a user’s provided email address to send users information and updates pertaining to their accounts or Communities. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
To provide any other notices
We may use your information to notify you about changes to our Site or the Services or any products or services we offer or provide through the Site, to provide you with notices about your account, or to enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
To allow Customers and Community Managers to keep in touch with Community Members
If you are a Community Member, we may provide your contact information to Customers and Community Managers so that they may contact or keep in touch with you, even after a Community Site is no longer active.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets in which certain personal information of users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Service or other agreements.
- To provide Customers and Community Managers with digital copies of contact information for their present or former Community Members.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company, our users or others.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites, Third Party Applications or other online services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, including information provided by you. It helps us to improve our Site and the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience to our users.
6. Web browser cookies
We may use web beacons on our Site or in our emails that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have opened an email and for other related website statistics, behavioral measurement and learning and marketing purposes.
7. How we use collected information
The Company may collect and use users’ personal information for the following purposes:
8. How we protect your information
We adopt customary data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between and among the Site and its users occurs over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
While we have adopted customary data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access to your personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Despite our customary efforts to maintain the security of your personal information, such information could be intercepted, stolen, hacked or improperly accessed due to no fault by us. By providing any personal information to us, you assume the risk that such information could be intercepted, stolen, hacked or improperly accessed without fault by us.
9. Sharing your personal information
10. children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information on or from our Site or from the Services from those we actually know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Site or the Services are structured or intended to attract anyone under 13 years of age.
No one under age 13 may provide or submit any information to or on the Site or through the Services. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Site or through the Services, and do not register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us or to any other user, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
12. Your acceptance of these terms
13. Contact us
2035 Sunset Lake Road, Suite B-2
Newark, Delaware 19702